Friday 25 May 2012

Pokeballing: First Local Tournament Report EVER

So it finally happened, after a year of pushing on the part of me and my teammates we finally got a Pokemon tournament going. I am hoping that this is a trend that keeps up as the time goes by because local tournaments are good practice for bigger events and provide a solid test enviroment for new deck ideas.

But enough of that lol, I wasn't originally gonna play and was gonna opt for a more judge style role. But (and yes i know you should never start a sentence with but) two people no showed so i had to jump in. I had already lent out my Raichu/Eelektrik deck and Terrakion/Landorus deck to friends for the tourney so I was stuck with my fun Cinccino deck.

We had 7 people and i found myself paired up against my team mate Mario first round.

Round 1 Mario (Zekeels)
Game 1: He had a bad start and I knew that if i was gonna beat him i had to start hitting fast and hard, especially since this deck wasn't running catcher or junk arm. I opened with a turn 2 Cinccino and started taking a early prize lead. Finally he started getting his set up going and taking prizes but with some sweet moves i was able to combine my Liepard and Cinccino to knock out his Tornadus EX. I took him to two prizes but those prizes were my other two Cinccino so i lost.

Game 2: His deck finally went off and he destroyed me lol.

0-2

Round 2 Melanie (Rain dance)
Game 1:  I did what Cinccino does best I hit hard and fast and was able to keep ahead in prizes.
Game 2: Same as game one she stalls me with Neo Genesis Cleffa but i was able to keep ahead and secure the game with Liepard and Cinccino.

2-0

Round 3 Rori (Raichu/Eelektrik)
Game 1: Opening two Collectors and going first gave me this game early but once he got the Dynamotor going he was able to mount a comeback Late game Tornadus gave me a problem but with a combination of Tyrogue, and Cinccino were able to give me the game.
Game 2: He opened with a lone Pikachu and I donked him turn two when he couldn't get a basic out.

2-0

So we didn't have enough players for a top 4 so we just took a top 3 finish with Mario coming in 1st Myself coming in 2nd and Sal coming in third with his Mewtwo Lv.x Lock deck.

So all in all it was a nice first step in the right direction. I am hoping that this will keep up in the future and expand in size.

No comments:

Post a Comment