Friday 1 June 2012

Pokeballing: Tournament Report 6/1/2012

Today we had a our second Pokemon tourney and I decided to get in practise for this Sundays Battle Roads in  Kingston. Nearing the end of this week i decided to try a Gothitelle Gardevoir build to see how it would far in a fast paced meta.

My list
(20)
3-2-3 Gothitelle
3-2-3 Gardevoir
2 Cleffa
1 Heatmor (For Durant)
1 Mewtwo EX

(9)
3 Pokemon Collector
2 N
2 Professor Oaks New Theory
2 Professor Juniper

(20)
4 Junk Arm
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Switch
3 Rare Candy
3 Ultra Ball
2 PokeGear 3.0
1 Enhanced Hammer
1 Super Rod

(11)
11 Psychic Energy

We had 8 people today and we played a three round 2 out of  3 (for the last week thank god) tournament with a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes.

Round 1 Vs Mike G (Zekeels)
Game 1: He started with a lone Uxie and was having trouble getting started, and I had Gothitelle and Gardevoir set up turn 3 and was swinging for massive damage one shotting everything in my path.
Game 2: More or less the same with my Cleffa staying asleep during key parts of my setup. Again a third turn Gothitelle followed up with a Gardevoir let me one shot everything.
2-0

Round 2 Vs Stew (Reshiram/Reshiram EX/Zekrom/Chandelure NXD)
Game 1: I set up a early Gothitelle and stop him from making any big plays which allows me time to get Gardevoir out the hard way and start hitting him hard.
Game 2: Again I am able to set my Gothitelle up turn 2 and Gardevoir turn 3 well timed Catcher plays on his benched Reshiram EX allowed my Gothitelle to hit for 180 with 4 energy attached.
2-0

Round 3 Vs Andrew Lawrenson (KyuremGATR)
Andrew is my teammate so this is good practice for both of us since we might see eachother at Battle Roads Sunday pending on how the rounds go.
Game 1: I cant get a Gardevoir out to one shot his Kyurem and he Glaciates me to death.
Game 2: I cant get energy this time and am stuck hitting him with Kirlias Smack attack for 3 turns before finally getting Gardevoir out to KO a Kyurem only to suffer horrible death from the next one.
0-2

So I end up going 2-1 for the day which would have put me in top 3 but my first round opponent dropped out costing my in back points. Which was fine with me seeing as i am just happy to get Pokemon going strong in my area.

1st: Andrew Lawrenson (KyuremGATR)
2nd: Mario Filice (Zekeels)
3rd: Sal Oliviera (Rocky Helmet/Volcarona burn)

Taking a slower paced deck into a tournament with a variety of decent to good players made me realise two things
1. Gothitelle/Gardevoir if it can get set up fast enough is very hard to stop since I can use Items and you cant.
2. This deck will thrive I think in a BW-On format.

The advantage that Psychic Mirage gives Mad Kinesis is amazing, as I was one hit KO'ing massive HP basics like Zekrom and Reshiram EX for 3-4 energy.



No comments:

Post a Comment