Saturday 28 April 2012

Pokeballing: Digital Beatdown

So recently I started seriously playing around with the Online Pokemon TCG site on pokemon.com. I had tried this a while back but didn't have the proper computer for it (aka my laptop was a piece of trash). The concept of a online Pokemon card game site that functions exactly like the actual card game is something that i totally agree with. This is such a great to build decks and test them against a wide array of players and not just your own local meta (or lack there of in some cases).  This is very good for the player who wants to test a idea but doesn't wanna go out and buy all the cards for it, as it allows them to test against a wide array of decks with no cost to themselves. I have been fiddling around with the different things you can do with the game and was very excited to see that it came with a mini story mode and battles against a CPU opponent.

This is a ideal function for beginning players and will allow them to get well into the game while battling opponents that they can set to a beginning level. I cant really say more about this yet as I literally just started today and haven't really had the time to find online opponents yet but i hope to be doing so around Tuesday or Wednesday when I don't have to work till later on in the day. However, from what i can tell right now if your serious about playing this game and want to stay on top of your game this is the way to do it. For hardcore players like myself its easy to collect cards as buying a box of any set in the black and white era will net you one card code per pack making 36 in all and starter decks, tins and special editions that are released also give you card codes.

Throughout the weeks I intend to have some videos of games from the online tcg simulator up on the youtube channel me and my teammates run and hopefully will have some game reviews up on here in the near future as well. This will also help me prepare better for Spring Battle Roads and Nationals as i will now be able to play against a mass array of hopefully good players and not just my teammates.

For those of you who read this and are either already using or wanting to get a good start on this nice little simulator, my user name is Red_Rose_LV_X if i am online look me up and we will play some games.

No comments:

Post a Comment